|ADVANTAGES OF POWDER COATING
A number of advantages have been observed in the use of powder coating technology. Some of these advantages have been listed below. A substantial increase of market of powder coating is expected during the year 2004, mainly due to various advantages of powder coating as under:
- Material is ready for direct use.
- Total system is solvent free; both at supply stage, application stage.
- Controlled high film thickness of coated film.
- Generally single coat application.
- High quality coating
- Suitable for many substances, including substrates with low electrical conductivity, heats sensitive metallic and non-metallic substrates.
- High productivity and space saving curing processes.
- High-speed coating for flat substrates.
- Saves considerable amount of time and labor.
- Powder coating application technique is far easier to apply than conventional paints, hence high skill labor not required.
- No flame hazards and flameproof plant not required, resulting into more savings.
- Reduce energy requirements.
- High utilization of paint (powder), to the extent of 97% with re-cycling and recovery plant.
- No effluent disposal problems.
- Health hazards reduced better safety
- No ecological problems or air pollution.
- Component processing time is reduced, since no primer or surfaces required any flash off time
- Due to high productivity, lower production cost of each component or unit.
- More uniforms leading to more consistent performance.
- Higher mechanical and chemical properties.
- More cleaners working area, conditions.
- Better and easier is plant maintenance.
- Complete applications can be highly automated.
- Powder coating paints are available in many shades quality as per requirement.
- Low rate rejections of components.
- Reduced packing and handling costs.
- Fuel and energy saving.
- Less working and application area required.
- Better storage in less area.
- Environment friendly.